Pathway to Financial Aid Success
Table of Contents:
- Financial Aid Notification (FAN) will only be mailed in paper form at the time of the initial freshman award. Other notifications will be sent to your University of Arkansas e-mail account. The e-mail will direct you to access your Student Center to view the new financial aid award information. To access the Student Center, please go to isis.uark.edu (Integrated Student Information System) and follow the path Student Center » Finances. This path may be used to accept or decline your award, view your To Do List, and other links relating to Financial Aid. Your ISIS login is your e-mail address without the @uark.edu.
- Please check your e-mail or Student Center frequently to view your current award. E-mail accounts are given to all students at the time of admission. If you have not accessed your e-mail account, please visit the ITS Student Email information page and follow the instructions listed on the page.
- Students often become aware of aid they will receive from sources other than those listed on the FAN. As you become aware of such awards (scholarships, graduate assistantships, vocational rehabilitation, resident assistant, etc.), please notify us so that we may update your award by contacting your Financial Aid Counselor via e-mail. We will receive your notification and add it to your financial aid package. You then should receive a new FAN in your University of Arkansas e-mail account. Please contact your counselor if you do not receive notification of the new award.
- You need to be admitted as degree-seeking and enrolled at least half-time in order to receive most federal aid. Pre-register for your planned enrollment and avoid dropping/adding classes after financial aid disbursements begin. Disbursements made through the first eleven days of classes will be based on the actual enrollment. After the eleventh class day, awards and disbursements will be recalculated based on the enrollment as of midnight prior to the eleventh day of class, unless a student withdraws from all courses. A class must be added in ISIS before the eleventh day of classes for you to receive credit for financial aid disbursements. All state aid disbursements are based on enrollment on the eleventh class day.
- Verify that your permanent and/or checking address is current with the Student Accounts/Cashier's Office so that any financial aid refunds will be sent to the correct address. You also have the option of direct deposit, which you may set up through ISIS.
Note: If you are or become incarcerated, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (479) 575-3806 and decline all Federal Aid.