Financial Aid

Provost update on federal government funding through early 2024.

The University of Arkansas Office of Financial Aid is located at 114 Silas Hunt Hall. Hunt Hall is on the corner of Maple and Garland across from the Pat Walker Health Center.

Financial Aid 101

Our How It All Works guide is an overview of the financial aid process.

How do I apply for Federal and State Financial Aid?

Step 1: Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine eligibility. Visit to get started. Note: This application is FREE and required for federal, state, and certain scholarship opportunities.

Step 2: Enroll in and begin classes. Financial aid eligibility is determined based on a student's enrollment on the term's census date. Fall and Spring censuses dates fall on the 11th day (in-service, business day) from the beginning of the term. If you have any questions regarding enrollment changes and how your aid could be affected, please contact your counselor.

What if I Have Questions about Financial Aid?

We are ready to assist you and look forward to answering any questions! Our office provides the following interactive ways to get answers to your questions.

How Will I Hear from the Office of Financial Aid?

The Office of Financial Aid encourages a paperless environment. Communication from our office will mostly be sent electronically. Please ensure that your email address is up-to-date, and regularly check your Student Center to update as needed.

More about Federal College Funding Opportunities