Work Study for Students
Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federal program which offers eligible students part-time job opportunities. Students may work up to 20 hours per week and will be paid twice monthly.
Consideration will be given to students who complete their FAFSA in a timely manner each year, demonstrate a high level of financial need as determined by the FAFSA results, and maintain at least half-time enrollment status per semester. Please note a student may only work one work study job at a time.
Work Study Jobs 101
For students who have completed the FAFSA and want to be employed under the Federal Work Study Program:
- Verify Federal Work Study is awarded as part of your financial aid package by selecting
the Financial Aid tile in your UAConnect Student Homepage, clicking the Accept/Decline
Awards link, and then choosing the appropriate year.
- If you see Federal Work Study listed, continue to step 2.
- If you do not see Federal Work Study listed, please contact the Financial Aid Office to inquire about your eligibility.
- If you choose not to use your Federal Work Study award, click on the Accept/Decline Awards link and check the box in the Decline column next to Federal Work Study.
- Review the Work Study job listings.
- Apply for desired Work Study job.
- Employers will contact applicants they wish to interview.
- Discuss the details of employment with the supervisor such as:
- Job responsibilities
- Number of hours per week
- Work and class schedule
- Hourly wage rate
- Once hired, the following steps will need to be completed:
- On-campus: The supervisor will request a Job Assignment Form and assist you in completing the HR onboarding process.
- Off-campus: Please email the Work Study Coordinator for assistance in completing the Job Assignment Form and the University HR onboarding process.