Work-Study for Students
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federal program which offers eligible students part-time job opportunities to work up to twenty hours per week and earn a paycheck twice per month up to the awarded amount in UAConnect during the academic year.
FWS funds are limited. Therefore, priority consideration will be given to students who complete your FAFSA in a timely manner each year, indicate interest in the FWS program on the FAFSA, demonstrate a high level of financial need as determined by the FAFSA results, and enrolled in at least 6 hours of coursework per semester.
How to Find a Work-Study Job
For students who have completed the FAFSA and been awarded Federal Work-Study on UAConnect for the respective academic year, follow these steps to begin working:
- Accept the Federal Work-Study award in Student Center by navigating to Finances > Financial Aid > Accept/Decline Awards.*
- Review the Work-Study Job Listings and select the job(s) which fit your schedule and experience.
- Contact the supervisor(s) listed in the posting to apply and possibly interview for the job(s) in which you are interested.
- Discuss the details of employment with the supervisor. Only one work-study job assignment
is permitted per semester.
- Job responsibilities
- Number of hours per week (20 hours per week max)
- Work and class schedule
- Hourly wage rate
- Complete the following steps (all required items must be completed before you can being working):
- The supervisor will request a Job Assignment Form online and complete the necessary HR paperwork with you.
- Take the Job Assignment Form to your supervisor to complete and return to our office. This form will be given to you during your visit.
6. You are ready to work.
*If you choose not to use your FWS award, please login to your Student Center and navigate to Student Center > Finances > Financial Aid > Accept/Decline Awards. From there you can decline your Federal Work-Study award, so we can use the funds you reject for another student who wants work-study.
For students who have not been awarded FWS and are interested in working on campus, please visit Applying for Student Employment on the University of Arkansas HR website or the Career Development Center website for other opportunities.