Aid Eligibility

To receive any kind of Federal Financial Aid, a student must:

  • Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program*
  • Complete the application process through the Office of Financial Aid
  • Not be in default on any Title IV loan or owe a refund on any Title IV aid
  • Not have a drug related conviction
  • Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen**

* Enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by the University of Arkansas may be considered enrollment in the University of Arkansas for purposes of applying for federal student financial aid.

** Generally you are an eligible non-citizen if you are:

  • A U.S. permanent resident with a Permanent Resident Card (I551);
  • A conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or
  • The holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any of the following designations:
    • “Refugee,”
    • “Asylum Granted,”
    • “Parolee” (I-94 confirms paroled for a minimum)