COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

These are the most common questions we are fielding with what we know at this time. Updated 01/06/20.


How do I contact my financial aid counselor?

Please use the office websites or for answers to general aid questions. Razorbot is also available on both websites. To speak to someone with a specific aid question please call 479-575-3806. Email for federal (work-study, Pell Grant, loans) or state aid (Challenge or Governor's scholarships) questions. All other scholarship questions may be addressed by emailing or calling the main office.

With social distancing practices, may I visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships in person?

At this time and until further notice, the office in Silas Hunt Hall is not open for walk-in visits but virtual appointments can be set beginning August 10. Appointments are scheduled through Student Success in Blackboard. Help is also available via phone or email: 479-575-3806 or or

Your office requested documents that I would like to drop off in Silas Hunt Hall. How do I do that with COVID restrictions?

You can fax documents to us at 479-575-7790, or use one of two options for document upload on the web to submit verification forms, dependency status documents, special circumstances paperwork, and any other documents we may have requested. You may upload to your To Do list in the Financial Aid tile on UAConnect, or via our secure website. You can also mail paperwork to: Financial Aid Office, 114 Silas Hunt Hall, 1 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701.

If none of the above options work, limited access to Silas Hunt Hall may be granted under the following guidelines:

  1. Students requiring access must be unaccompanied
  2. All visitors must wear masks while in Silas Hunt Hall. Please come prepared with a suitable nose and mouth covering.
The Financial Aid office requested documents from me that specify I have to come to the office in person. How do I do that with COVID restrictions?

If we requested information or forms that state you must come to the office in person (examples might include citizenship documentation, or an identity and statement of educational purpose form), we can provide alternative forms via email. They will require a notary's signature. Please call 479-575-3806 or email to request an alternative form. Once completed with a notary signature, they can then be uploaded, faxed, or mailed to our office. You may upload to your To Do list in the Financial Aid tile on UAConnect or via our secure website.

Fax: 479-575-7790.
Mail: Financial Aid Office
114 Silas Hunt Hall
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701.

Why isn't UAConnect showing a scholarship I was offered?

Most often, it is because our office has not received the information from the office or organization that gave it to you. Volume is very high at the start of each semester and we process scholarship notices as soon as they get to us. If the scholarship is the Challenge or Governor's, the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) sends a roster of names and award amounts. If your name was on a roster already received, the scholarship is on UAConnect. New rosters for state aid arrive each Friday and awards are posted by the following Tuesday. Rosters for smaller state programs are on UAConnect if they have been received. Some programs are not posted to UAConnect until after the 11th day of class each semester: Law Enforcement Officers' Dependents Scholarship (LEO), Military Dependents Scholarship (MDS), National Guard Tuition Waiver (NGTW) are examples.

Please be aware your name will not be included on a roster for your awarded aid if you have not completed acceptance through ADHE. Accept an award or check the status on

Fall 2020 Grade Policy — Effect on Scholarship/NRTA Renewal

Cumulative university GPA requirements remain in place. You can review the renewal requirements for the New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition or Alumni Legacy Award (NRTA) and Academic Scholarships.

The annual requirement for minimum completed hours is waived. However, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) must be met once spring grades are reported in 2021.

First-semester UA students who have a fall semester GPA below 2.00 will need to contact their academic advisor to discuss academic support opportunities for the spring semester. Other students with a cumulative GPA below 2.00, or on academic probation, should consult with an academic advisor for academic support, to ensure keeping their scholarship or NRTA for the next academic year.

Federal Aid Eligibility and Academic Progress

Eligibility requirements for federal financial aid in future semesters are not affected by changes to the University of Arkansas grading policy for fall 2020 (this includes summer 2021, fall 2021 and spring 2022, etc.). 

The University's policy regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress and appeals will remain unchanged except that grades of "NC" (no credit) will be added alongside grades of "W" and "I" that are not considered passing grades for all students (for graduate and law students, grades of "pass-D" will also not be considered passing grades). The qualitative requirement will be measured using a student's University of Arkansas cumulative GPA at the conclusion of the spring semester. Students will be notified after the conclusion of each spring semester if they are not meeting SAP requirements, and an appeal form for that year will be provided for students with special circumstances. Those appeals are reviewed on an individual basis. Please refer to Satisfactory Academic Progress for the full SAP policy and information regarding appeals.

This information is made in accordance with guidance from the US Department of Education provided in the CARES Act and the electronic announcement published on March 5, 2020, and as updated April 1, 2020. There have been no further federal updates.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at (Financial Aid) or (Scholarships).