Loan Funds Status
This information is about the status of your current Stafford Loan funds. This does not include information about Perkins or Emergency Loan Checks.
In order to receive loan funds, you must first complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (required every school year).
- After submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will receive an Award Notice. If you are awarded a student loan, you will receive processing instructions with the Award Notice.
- Loans need to be accepted or declined through your Student Center on UAConnect.
- Next, you must complete the Master Promissory Note via the StudentLoans.gov site.
- Before funds are disbursed, you must also fulfill the requirements of enrolling at least half-time and complete Entrance Counseling via the StudentLoans.gov site. (Required only the first time you borrow at the University of Arkansas. Graduate PLUS Entrance Counseling required for first time Graduate PLUS loans).
- The funds will then be sent directly to the University of Arkansas.
Remember that changing enrollment to less than full-time may cause changes in your financial aid.
Once your funds have arrived, an email will be sent to your UARK account. To view your Account Detail, you will need to log into your Student Center and follow the path: Home > Student Center > Finances > View Financial Aid.
After selecting the aid year you wish to view, you will see your financial aid broken down by the term. If you care to see the details of each term, you can select the corresponding link.
Your loan information will also be available through the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Their web address is nslds.ed.gov. All loan information will be submitted to NSLDS and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the data system.
If you have any questions regarding your financial aid, please come by the Office of Financial Aid or contact your counselor.