Direct Stafford Loan
The interest rate for undergraduate Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans first disbursed on or after July 1, 2016, and before July 1, 2017, is fixed at 3.76% and 4.45% on or after July 1, 2017. For graduate students, Direct Unsubsidized Stafford loans first disbursed on or after July 1, 2016, and before July 1, 2017, the interest rate is fixed at 5.31% and 6.0% on or after July 1, 2017.
To receive a Stafford Direct Loan:
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the Stafford Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Stafford Entrance Counseling.
- Check your Student Center for your award.
- Accept or decline awards in your Student Center.
- When your enrollment drops below half-time, complete Exit Counseling.