The University of Arkansas is committed to promoting part-time employment opportunities for students through federal work-study, on-campus employment, and off-campus employment and internship connections.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federal program which offers eligible students part-time job opportunities to help pay their educational expenses. FWS funds are limited. Therefore, priority consideration is given to students who:
- Complete the FAFSA in a timely manner each year.
- Indicate interest in the Federal Work-Study Program on the FAFSA.
- Demonstrate a high level of financial need as determined by the FAFSA results.
- Enroll in at least 6 hours of coursework for the semester.
In your Student Center, navigate to Finances > Financial Aid > Accept/Decline Awards to view your awards. If you are awarded Federal Work-Study, you may either:
- Accept the award and begin finding a work-study position.
- Decline the award if you do not choose to use your work-study award. This is important in order to allow the funds you reject to be available for another student to receive work-study.
How do I find a job if I have been awarded Federal Work-Study? Federal Work-Study Information